Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Light Game

I found a great Christmas Light print out from Tons of Fun.  I printed it out on card stock and laminated it.  I lay out all of the lights and Xander picks one for me.  I tell him the color and say things like "let's find the one that matches," or "I am looking for the other blue light."  When I find it, I show him both and tell them "these lights match, they are both green."  He is not at all ready to match them on his own, but he loves playing with me anyway.  In fact, he sometimes gets really upset when I put them away, even after a couple of rounds.  My goal is to introduce him to the concept and vocabulary of matching.  As a bonus, it reinforces our work on colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...