Friday, July 6, 2012

Eye Dropper "Fireworks"

I am so thankful to have some free time this summer to get to fun little projects with Xander.  Today we did some eye dropper fireworks.  Ok, so "fireworks" is a bit of a stretch, but I was trying to go with the 4th of July theme!

Simple set up.  I poured a bunch of baking soda in one of our old tot trays.  I pour some vinegar in an ice cube tray, added some food coloring, and started dripping away.  Xander thought it was lots of fun, but got a bit frustrated that he didn't understand how to work the eye dropper.  I ended up filling it for him so he could squeeze it out.







He figured out it was fun to roll his finger in the baking soda and then dip it in the vinegar.


When he was done, I poured out the rest of the colored vinegar to make a huge fizzy mess, then let him play in the leftovers.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe try a medicine syringe next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...