Sunday, July 14, 2013

T for Tiger

We are currently working on our Mommy and Me ABC units.  This week we did the letter T and Tigers.  Unless otherwise specified, all of the printables are from my Mommy and Me ABC Printables, which are free as we complete them (for a detailed list of all the materials in the printables, check out this post).

 This was his desk setup. On the left is his magnetic calendar.  His white board had some alphabet magnets, and his fridge phonics set.  The shelf had some Ts, some T books and some toy tigers.
T and Tiger Puzzles
We did both printable and store bought puzzles.  I love his concentrating face.
 Letter Clipping
 Letter Maze
Letter Mazes are still a big hit!  He uses a Do-A-Dot marker to mark all of the Ts.  Then the goof climbed on his desk to trace the path with his finger.
Tiger Number Match
Showing his grandma how to match the number tiles to the cards with the correct number of tigers.
Peg Letter T
Smiling with his peg letter.
 Stamping
He stamped some uppercase and lowercase Ts with our see through stamps.  We also used a Tiger stamp from Oriental Trading.
Cheesin'
   Building Letters
We built some Ts using Handwriting Without Tears pieces.
Tracing
   Lacing
Play Dough
Using his play dough stampers and some cookie cutters to make some Ts.  
He also had a great time with this rotating cutter.
Case Sorting
Sorting the "baby" letters and "mommy" letters.
  Art
I added some black paint to an old bottle of glue and made some stripes on the T letter lacing page from my printables.  When it dried I had him paint them orange.  Turned out pretty cute.
Coloring a sea lion with some twistable crayons.
Tiger Cutting Strips
Using his training scissors to cut apart the tigers.
Tiger Pattern Blocks
Making a "tiger" with pattern blocks on a template from a Scholastic Animal set we have.
T Dot Page
He really likes using bingo markers and his magnetic wand to do the animal dot pages.
Fun with magnets.
Transferring Pom Poms.
The pom poms were orange and black, which was my tie-in to tigers.  Xander had forgotten about these giant tweezers and had a great time figuring out how to work them.  I'm so happy he enjoyed the activity.
Letter T Sensory Bin
He had fun showing Grandma how to play in the noodles.  He also decided to try out his tweezers in the noodles.
We also made a T from Hexie-Snaps (although he added the extra red one, just as I went to take the picture).
Showing off his tiger mask.
Other Tot School Activities
Playing with his Aquadoodle.
Working on some Block Buddies cards.  This was much more of a challenge for him than the block building templates I made, but he was able to do it with a little guidance.  He also chose to do it on his own a few times during the week.
Once fall hits and I am back in grad school full time, I will be sending various "preschool" activities to day care for Xander tow ork on (do I have the greatest day care provider or what?!?!).  I decided to introduce him to a few of the worksheets so that he will be used to doing them by fall.  I'm not giving him many and mostly just emphasizing that we read the directions first, but he seems to enjoy them.  He actually asked for some when I hadn't given him any for a couple days.  These are from Presschool Basics and Thinking Skills.  I put them in a dry erase sleeve so he can redo them.
For more Tiger ideas, check out my Tiger Pinterest Board.

Tot SchoolA Mom With a Lesson Plan
Teaching Mama 

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie and so many great activities! I love the playdough stampers - my son loves his playdough and those stampers would be great. Might have to look into them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Tiger painted T-- so cute. This is the first time checking out your blog and it's great! SO glad I stumbled across your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...