Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tot Trays - 17 Months


Since my regular Tot School posts have been getting so long, I decided to split off the Tot Tray segment.  These are the trays from last week, so they happened during our Hearts Week and our Pete the Cat Theme.  I try to have the trays link in when I can, but don't feel constrained by making them fit.  I don't intend the trays to be done independently, but rather scaffolded by me.


Tray #1:
Our first tray had his ring counter.  It has been a while since he has used it and I was really impressed with how much better he did than last time.  I have to tell which color to put where, but he is pretty good at it.




 Even more fun on Mommy's bed.




Tray #2:
His second tray had some colored blocks and the corresponding cards from his English and Spanish Color Cards.  He did some stacking and together we did some sorting.




Tray #3:
This tray had a Parmesan cheese container and some pipe cleaners.  The idea was for him to put the pipe cleaners in the small holes.  I also included some porcupine balls and I had him put them in the larger side.  He had fun putting them in and shaking them out.




Puzzle of the Week:
For one of his trays I always try to do a puzzle.  He is not actually ready to do puzzles on his own, but loves to do them with me.  We will slowly transition into him doing them without help. This week's puzzle was the Construction Wooden Chunky Puzzle from Melissa and Doug.  I have always loved Melissa and Doug products, but this puzzle exceeded my expectation.  The pieces are so brightly colored and sturdy!  Xander loved it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...