Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Button Snake


In my Pink Week Tot School Post, I mentioned that one of Xander's trays was part of his button snake.  I didn't go into much detail there, so I decided it needed its own post.  One of Xander's Christmas presents this year was a "button snake."  Basically, I took a piece of ribbon and sewed a big button to each end.  Then I cut shapes out of different colors of fleece and made a slit in each one.  The idea is to have him practice buttoning.  I used the large variety of shapes and colors so that I can use it in a variety of ways in the future.

Right now Xander is only 14 months and cannot do the activity alone.  What I have been doing is having him sit in my lap.  I put the button part way through the hole and have him grab it to pull it through.  He really likes this part, but doesn't really like taking them off, so I do that for him.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! We made our own version of the button snake and have 'big' vs 'little' shape sizes to practice with my toddler. But I adore yours with all the colors and shapes and the rainbow!
    I've featured a track-back link to this on my blog post about our Big vs Little Button Snake: http://busybagcentral.blogspot.com/2015/05/button-snake-busy-bag-ideas-for-sorting.html
    Thanks for a great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...