Friday, September 6, 2013

Alphabet in Simple Science

In the fall, I posted about how I'm going to make an effort to incorporate science in our school time.  As part of that I came up with the Alphabet in Simple Science.  The idea is that we will cover a concept for each letter of the alphabet.  Once again, understanding the concept is not the goal.  I am much more concerned with exposure, asking questions, making observations, etc.  Now, ideally, the letter for the concept will line up with the letter we're doing that week, but I am not going to hold myself to that.  Some weeks might get busy or some letters might have more or less activities.  I'm just going to do it at a pace that works for us.
I made Xander a binder to hold all of the materials we will use.  There aren't many right now, but I may add more as we progress.
Each science notebook page has the letter for him to trace, a super simple definition and the word for him to trace, if he chooses.
You can click the pictures below to go to the individual letters, or you can 
   

Experiments and Activities!
What fun would science be without experiments and activities?  I'm going to try to do at least one experiment (activity) per letter, although some letters will be more challenging than others.  I'll include what we did and how we did it.  Also, I'll try to include suggestions for modifications for older kids!

Alphabet in Simple Science
Here are the posts and experiment ideas!


5 comments:

  1. This is an EXCELLENT idea! I just may try to incorporate this idea next year with my pre-K kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! Thanks for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  2. Love love love!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this and wish you had more letters done already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these. We had through D and I was just stopping by today to see if there were more. I'm delighted there are!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...