Monday, February 6, 2012

Color Themes - Purple

Xander is 15 Months

This week's color theme was PURPLE!  We started with a bin of various purple items.  It included ball pit balls, mini maracas, wooden spools and disks I painted, a beaded necklace, the hippo from our Little People Learning Zoo, and the purple dishes from out tea set.  As usual, the bin got plenty of use!



We used purple markers and purple Do-A-Dot paints.

We put some shape stickers on purple paper.



I decided to mix it up a little bit this week and had him paint his purple color books instead of laminating them and using them with dry erase markers.  You can download them here or from the downloads page.


We also did our regular color activities.  We flipped through our English and Spanish Color Flashcards (see downloads page), played with our Leap Frog Maracas, and played with a foam crayon puzzle (Staples dollar spot).  In addition to our normal color themed books, we also read Purpilicious this week.  It was a bit over his head, but it was cute and we pointed to the different colors together.




As I mentioned earlier, one of our trays was the bin of purple items.  He also LOVED his puzzle this week.  It was Melissa and Doug's Wooden Safari Chunky Puzzle, but I forgot to get pictures.  He carried the pieces around with him frequently.

On a different tray I had a cup of pom poms and a silicone ice cube tray.  My original idea was to have him put the pom poms in the holes with his fingers.  However, while I was busy switching his trays, I found him like this.

 He had taken the fork from the bin of purple things and was "stirring" the pom poms.  I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it was one of the first times I had seen him pretend playing like this.  Since he was so interested, I ended up putting a spoon with this tray and we practiced spooning.  He definitely couldn't spoon the pom poms on his own (not for lack of trying), but he loved sitting in my lap and having me help him.  It is an activity we will revisit soon!


 I had never shown him clothes pins before so this tray was an experiment.  He definitely isn't ready to pinch them on to anything, but he really enjoyed taking them off the cup.  I don't know how many times I put them all on the rim of the cup this week.  A lot of the time, I got him to put them into the cup as he took them off.


With no clothes pins, the cup is fun to play with!

Helping Grandpa in the garage.





Tot School


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...