Wednesday, April 16, 2014

12 for 2014 - Confession

In January I started my personal 12 Books for 2014 challenge in order to get myself to read more of the nonfiction I always plan to read but never quite get to.  Well, it is only April and I have to confess, I plan on deviating from my plan.  I had originally planned to read Real Boys: Rescuing Our Sons from the Myths of Boyhood by William Pollack.  I had had to read a chapter from it for a class and really loved it, which is why it made the list.  However, after sitting down to read the actual book, I feel like it is way too long and repetitive.  I haven't really learned much beyond the initial chapters and am having a lot of trouble getting through it.  Therefore, I have decided I am not going to make myself finish when there are so many fantastic books out there waiting to be read.  Instead, I am going to replace it with Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck.



My Twelve Books for 2014
In no particular order:
1.  The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child by Donalyn Miller
2.  Mind in the Making: The Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs by Ellen Galinsky
3.  Design Make Play by Margaret Honey 
4.  Teach Like a Champion by Doug Lemov
5.  The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Champan
6.  Real Boys: Rescuing Our Sons from the Myths of Boyhood by William Pollack   (Stopped Reading)
6.  Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
7.  Sparks of Genius: The Thirteen Thinking Tools of the World's Most Creative People by Robert S. Root-Bernstein
8.  Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy
9.  Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley
10.  A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
11.  Happier at Home: Kiss More, Jump More, Abandon Self-Control, and My Other Experiments in Everyday Life by Gretchen Rubin
12.  Beyond Snapshots: How to Take That Fancy DSLR Camera Off "Auto" and Photograph Your Life Like a Pro by Rachel Devine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...